What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which is downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application. It helps you to navigate round our website more easily and allows you to store preferences on the website. When you visit the website later, cookies will enable our website to remember information about your visit (eg. your country, language and other settings) and recognise any login details you use.
Which cookies do we use and why?
We use different types of cookies on this website which fall into these categories:
Strictly necessary cookies
- These cookies are essential to help you move around the website and access secure areas, or remember preferences you might have chosen on previous pages as you go through the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. We use these cookies to:
- Remember information you have entered as you navigate different pages;
- Identify you as being logged in to our website; and
- Route users to specific applications or services.
We use session cookies, which are temporary and exist only while you are viewing the website. They are removed when you close your browser.
These cookies are used to collect information about which pages visitors go to on the website and how they generally use the website. These cookies help us to improve how our website works. We use performance cookies to:
- Provide statistics on how our website is used;
- Assess how effective our advertisements are;
- Help us improve our website by measuring any errors that occur; and
- Test different designs of our website.
We use Google Analytics, which uses these types of cookies, to give us statistics about visitors to our website and the paths they use to reach us. They do not identify individual visitors, but the information helps us to see how improvements can be made to our website.
Most browsers have cookies enabled by default but you can change your cookies settings through the settings on your web browser.
If you do not want to have cookies stored on your computer or device, or would like to restrict the type of cookie you receive or delete cookies which have already been stored, you can block or delete cookies. However if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website. You can find out how to do this through the Help function, or you can also visit www.aboutcookies.org which will give you more information. To disable cookies on your mobile device’s browser, you may need to consult your device’s manual.
Please note that if you disable cookies, some of the services on our website may not function.